Viva Velo are incredibly proud to be contributing towards this fantastic Guinness 24 hour relay world record attempt. Partnering with Digme Fitness, the ex-England rugby player, Lawrence Dallaglio is shooting to have the most participants in a static cycling event in 24 hours with individuals cycling for 1 hour each on multiple static bikes. The aim of the event is to raise money for Dallaglio RugbyWorks which helps to get teenagers outside of the mainstream into sustained education, employment or training through programmes based on rugby. Dallaglio Rugby Works gives kids, who otherwise would not get a second chance, the opportunity to thrive and prosper. The event will be taking place on December 15th and 16th at Digme Fitness in Richmond (see map).
As you may already know, Lawrence Dallaglio is a keen cyclist and organises a three week long ‘Cycle Slam’ every other year to raise funds for his charity and it is expected that many of those who will take part in this event will come from the same core of well-known sports personalities and celebrities.
Along with all the cycling activity there will be other ongoing attractions during the 24 hours to help raise further funds. Viva Velo is delighted to be able to supply a couple of items to be auctioned for this great charity – namely a VIP ‘Hors Categorie’ place in the famous Tour of Flanders sportive along with two free places on a Viva Velo Mallorca Cycle Camp next spring. For more details of these great prizes see below.
If you’d like to enter this fantastic event and become a world record holder – then read on! Places cost just £25 for one hour. But we think we can do better than that. It would be fantastic to field an entire Viva Velo team for the duration of the event and so we will reduce that to just £20 for you and your friends if we can find 24 people to take part! What more could you want? Just £20 to help give kids get a chance in life – you get to feel great afterwards both physically and spiritually! Don’t let us down, Viva Velo family! Simply sign up here for your discounted place.
N.B. If you can’t make the event but would still like to donate to this great charity you can do so here: Please leave a note with your donation saying you heard about the charity and this event through Viva Velo
Details of those great prizes to be auctioned at the Dallaglio Rugby Works Digme Fitness event are:
- A ‘Hors Categorie’ entry to the Tour of Flanders (currently costing 150 euros plus) which gives the holder a VIP entry to what will be a sold out sportive consisting of:
- Welcome by former winners of the Tour of Flanders (Johan Museeuw, Alessandro Ballan).
- Guaranteed participation in We Ride Flanders from Oudenaarde, distances: 74km-130km-170km
- Reception in Tour of Flanders VIP tent next to the official finish line of the pro race, both before and after your ride.
- A healthy Flandrien breakfast
- Reserved parking space
- Pasta buffet and free drinks after We Ride Flanders
- Reserved shower and changing rooms
- Secure bike storage
- Massage at the finish
- Unique Tour of Flanders gadget
The Tour of Flanders Sportive is very popular (they have already sold 11,000 of the 16,000 places) and this VIP package adds something special to the simple entry for what will be a sold out event.
- A free 5 day cycle camp in Mallorca for two with Viva Velo (from Thursday March 22nd -Monday 26th inclusive) worth £810 consisting of:
- Four star accommodation in our hotel in Puerto Pollenca on a twin occupancy basis
- Half board breakfast and three course dinner in all you can eat buffet
- Free use of swimming pool, spa and sauna facilities
- Return transfers from Palma airport to our hotel*
- Tailored itinerary
- Organised rides with our ride captains
- GPX files on request
Flights, lunches and drinks and tourist taxes are not included. *The successful bidder must ensure their flights dovetail with our transfer times.