Toulouse to Girona
The challenge of the Pyrenean cols
Our cycle tour from Toulouse to Girona combines stunning scenery and the challenge of riding Pyrenean Cols. This tour is not for the faint-hearted but among its many rewards it offers breath-taking views. The very first day starts with an ascent of the Col de Peyresourde which has frequently featured in the Tour de France We finish in Girona, home to many professional cyclists attracted by its climate and the fantastic training opportunities offered by the surrounding countryside, including the famous Rocacorba climb which presents an enjoyable extra option for your last day.
To enquire about this tour, email us by clicking the button or fill in the contact form below.
“Many thanks for a really great week. Spectacular climbs, great views and good company,all well organised and marshalled by our DS, Dyll!” Charles Packshaw
We offer an optional day at the beginning of the trip, riding from Toulouse to Arreau as a leg-stretcher. For those who would prefer to avoid cycling this section (90km on flat roads), given the already demanding itinerary, the tour ‘proper’ begins in Arreau rather than Toulouse itself.
Day -1: Arrive Toulouse; transfer to Arreau
Day 1: Arreau to Saint Girons via Cols de Peyresourde, Menté and Portet d’Aspet
Day 2: Saint Girons to Ax-les-Thermes via Massat, Saurat and Tarascon-sur-Ariège
Day 3: Ax-les-Thermes to Olot via Col de Puymorens and Massela y La Molina
Day 4: Olot to Girona with option to climb the Rocacorba
You can find out more details of the exact route in our online brochure.
- Quality accommodation in distinctive hotels*
- Transfers from Toulouse airport (inbound) and to Girona airport (outbound)
- Full vehicle support to transfer your baggage to each overnight stop
- A qualified mechanic to support you
- Our experienced ride leaders to guide you all the way
- Full itinerary and route information (including the major climbs) in advance
- GPX files on request
* As with all Viva Velo trips we endeavour to use 4 star hotels wherever possible and where not we do our best to choose the characterful and charming
This is based on two sharing a room on a bed and breakfast basis and does not include flights, drinks or evening meals although the following are available on request:
- Single room supplement - £195 pp
- Halfboard option - £35 pppn
Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 8 participants. If you are enquiring as an individual or smaller group then we are always happy to introduce you to others to make up the required party size.