Venice to Verona
an epic cycling tour
From Venice to Verona via the autostrada is a short, flat drive of a little over an hour. But for the Viva Velo cyclist who’s looking for something challenging and truly dramatic, we’ve added another 500+ kilometres and some 15,000 meters of climbing through some of Italy’s most iconic mountain passes. The result is an epic cycling tour, taking in the breathtakingly beautiful scenery of the Italian lakes, as well as many of the climbs made famous in the Giro d’Italia, including the Passo Giao, the Stelvio and Gavia. Truly an ambitious ride to test the toughest.
To register your interest in this tour, email us by clicking the button or filling in the contact form below.
“Thanks for an awesome ride. Just bored Christina with a video of the Gavia descent - truly epic - will stay with me forever.” Tim Liddle
The trip comprises 5 days, plus an optional Prologue of 1 extra day (riding from Venice to Belluno) as a warm-up before the serious stuff begins.
Day 1: Belluno to Corvara (119K – 4300m)
Day 2: Corvara to Merano (108K – 2400m)
Day 3: Merano to Bormio (98K – 3390m)
Day 4: Bormio to Riva del Garda (159K – 4462m)
Day 5: Riva del Garda to Verona. (79K – 971m)
We are still finalising exact dates for this tour in 2019 but for a more detailed itinerary and other information, check out our Route Guide
- Quality accommodation in distinctive hotels
- Dinner on night 2 in the Hotel Berghotel Ladinia in Corvara.
- Transfers from Venice Marco Polo airport (inbound) and to Verona airport (outbound)*
- Full vehicle support to transfer you baggage to each overnight stop
- A qualified mechanic to support you
- Our experienced ride leaders to guide you all the way
- Full itinerary and route information (including the major climbs) in advance
- GPX files on request
*Return transfers to Venice Marco Polo are available on request.
Cost: From £1245
This is based on two sharing a twin room and does not include flights, drink or evening meals although the following are available on request:
- Single room supplement – £65 pppn
- Half board option for all nights excepting Corvara – £25 pppn
Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 8 participants. If you are enquiring as an individual or smaller group then we are always happy to introduce you to others to make up the required party size.